Ways to participate
With so many people living longer and healthier lives with HIV, it’s only fitting we join together to celebrate the lives of those we love and the advances in treatment that have made this possible. The Festival also serves as an opportunity for remembrance to those we have lost from AIDS-related causes, and to celebrate the lasting impact they made on those whose lives they touched.
In 2020, due to the uniquely challenging circumstances of the COVID-19 pandemic, Colorado Health Network has decided to take Festival For Life virtual for the first time ever! While we recognize this format will significantly change many aspects of this event, we are confident it is the right decision for the health and well-being of our community and that there will still be many opportunities for us to come together from a distance.
AIDS Memorial Quilt
Virtual 5K Run
Virtual 5K Walk
Virtual Diva Dash
National AIDS Memorial Quilt Display
- One of the most moving parts of the Festival For Life is the display of panels from the AIDS Memorial Quilt. We are honored to partner with The National AIDS Memorial to be able to bring a limited number of requested panels to Denver as part of our event. A quilt ceremony is scheduled for the evening of Friday, August 14th followed by the display of the quilt panels Saturday, August 15th in the Pavilion at Cheesman Park.
- Due to COVID-19 everyone is asked to pre-register at https://coloradohealthnetwork.salsalabs.org/quilt-2020.
- Face coverings and social distancing is required.
- Panels for this year’s event have been confirmed. If you would like to request a specific panel of the AIDS Memorial Quilt be brought to Festival For Life 2021 that commemorates someone you know and love, please submit a panel request form by December 31, 2020, by clicking here.
- To learn more about The AIDS Memorial Quilt and how to create new panels for the Quilt, please click here.
Virtual 5K Race
The virtual 5k will allow anyone the opportunity to participate at the date, time, and location of their convenience. Participants will have from August 15 to September 4 to complete their 5k and upload their activity details to the FFL leaderboard. Share your route, selfies, and love to the community! Once you register you will receive an email with information on how to upload your race time.
- Registration for the 5K race is $40, which includes a finisher’s certificate and professional event leaderboard from FinishLine Timing. Additionally, we are excited to announce that 2020 runner registration will include the first ever Festival For Life commemorative race medal.
- Also this year, gift certificates to Dicks Sporting Goods will be distributed to the following winners:
– 1st Place all around (Female, Male & Non Binary): $75 gift certificate
– 1st Place in the following Categories and age groups (Female, Male & Non Binary): $50 gift certificate
– 2nd Place (Female, Male & Non Binary): $35 gift certificate
– Age Group categories: 18 and under | 19-35 | 36-50 | 51-65 | 65+
Certificates will be mailed following the last eligible day to participate. Certificates are not redeemable for cash. Thank you to all of our sponsors for making this possible.
- A FFL T-shirt is also available for an additional charge or as an incentive for runners who choose to fundraise and collect at least $60 in donations – in addition to their $40 registration fee ($100 total).
- You may pick any route you’d like as long as it is 5 kilometers (3.11 miles). Get creative and design a route that makes an image or letters!
- Fundraising is highly encouraged and we’re with you every step of the way!
Virtual 5K Memorial Walk/Bike/Hop/Skip/Move!
Walk in honor and remembrance of those we have lost their lives to the HIV/AIDS epidemic and those who today continue to live and thrive with HIV. Run, walk, bicycle, or hopscotch your way to 5k! The virtual 5k will allow anyone the opportunity to participate at the date, time, and location of their convenience.
- This year all registered walkers are Virtual Walkers. While you are not required to complete the 5K activity, those who wish to fundraise for FFL must register as a Walker in order to create their own fundraising page. Check out the fundraising toolkit for tips and resources to help you reach your goal!
- You may pick any route you’d like as long as it is at least 5 kilometers (3.11 miles). Get creative and design a route that makes an image or letters! More information is available in the FAQ section and in the Fundraising Toolkit.
- Like every year, walker registration is free! The virtual 5k will allow people to walk, bicycle, skip, roller blade, or however you like to get active. Bring the family, go on a social distance 5k with friends and neighbors, or bring your pets along for the celebration – but mind social distancing guidelines, please!
Create a team to help you fundraise
- Raising funds for those impacted by HIV is fun and easy to do as a group. You can motivate and challenge each other (or other teams) into a fundraising frenzy! It can also provide excellent exposure for your company, school or organization, as many teams design and wear special team t-shirts and carry banners with their logos proudly displayed.
- Visit our FAQ page for more information and troubleshooting help on fundraising and team registration.
- Stumped on where to start? Check out the fundraising toolkit page for tips, resources, and fun ways to help you reach your fundraising goal.
Strut your stuff for a social distancing dash as you compete against others (virtually) in high heels to win a prize as fabulous as you!
- Divas will submit a 30-second video of their high-heeled sprint and a glamour podium shot. Submissions will be reviewed by our special guest judges and Divas will be judged on their Style, Swagger, and Skill.
- Divas 18 years or older, of any gender identity may participate in the Diva Dash.
- Virtual Diva Dash submissions are due by Monday, August 10. The top three Dash videos will be aired during the August 15 program. Visit the Diva Dash page for details.
- We will miss seeing our friends who love volunteering at Festival For Life. While there aren’t many volunteer positions this year there will be limited volunteer opportunities that can be done virtually. Contact us for more information!
- With approval from the City of Denver we are able to host a ceremony and display of the National AIDS Memorial Quilt at Cheesman Park Pavilion. Volunteers are needed for setup, tear down, register guests, provide information about the Quilt and CHN, and more! Sign up today to volunteer.
Have questions or need more information?
Call or email the Development team!
For media inquiries call 303.962.5316
Please send written correspondence to:
Colorado Health Network
Festival For Life
6260 East Colfax Ave
Denver, CO 80220