Ways to participate
Receiving a new diagnosis of HIV today is not the same grim specter it was in the 1980s or 1990s. In fact, for the vast majority of people, while HIV still has no cure significant advances in treatment mean that HIV can now be managed as a chronic condition with appropriate medication management. With so many people living longer and healthier lives with HIV, it’s only fitting we join together to celebrate the lives of those we love who have been impacted by HIV and the incredible strides made in treatment and prevention strategies. The Festival also serves as an opportunity for remembrance to those we have lost from AIDS-related complications and to celebrate the lasting impact they made on those whose lives they touched.
Colorado Health Network is excited to be able to bring back an in-person Festival this year which this year will be held Saturday, August 21 from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. To best support the health and safety of everyone in our community, the 5K Walk & Run will be held virtually. Participants will have the opportunity to complete a 5K route of their own choosing and will need to submit their time and event map to our race site. Check below for more information about each of the Festival’s components!
AIDS Memorial Quilt
Virtual 5K Run
Virtual 5K Walk
10th Annual Diva Dash
National AIDS Memorial Quilt Display
- One of the most moving components of the Festival For Life is the display of panels from the AIDS Memorial Quilt. We are honored to partner with The National AIDS Memorial to be able to bring a limited number of requested panels to Denver as part of our event. These panels will be on display during the Festival For Life on Saturday, August 21st from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. in the Pavilion at Cheesman Park.
- Per state guidelines, face coverings will be encouraged but not be required for fully vaccinated individuals. In
- Panels for this year’s event have been confirmed. If you would like to request a specific panel of the AIDS Memorial Quilt be brought to Festival For Life 2022 that commemorates someone you know and love, please submit a panel request form by December 31, 2021, by clicking here.
- To learn more about The AIDS Memorial Quilt and how to create new panels for the Quilt, please click here.
Virtual 5K Race
The virtual 5K will allow participants the opportunity to run at the date, time, and location of their convenience. Participants will have from August 2nd to August 22nd to complete their 5K and upload their activity details to the FFL leaderboard. Share your route, selfies, and love to the community! Once you register you will receive an email with information on how to upload your race time.
- Registration for the 5K race is $40, which includes a commemorative Festival For Life 5K medal, finisher’s certificate, and professional event leaderboard from FinishLine Timing.
- Also this year, gift certificates to Dicks Sporting Goods will be distributed to the following winners:
– 1st Place all around (Female, Male & Non Binary): $75 gift certificate
– 1st Place in the following Categories and age groups (Female, Male & Non Binary): $50 gift certificate
– 2nd Place (Female, Male & Non Binary): $35 gift certificate
– Age Group categories: 18 and under | 19-35 | 36-50 | 51-65 | 65+
Certificates will be mailed following the last eligible day to participate. Certificates are not redeemable for cash. Thank you to all of our sponsors for making this possible.
- A FFL T-shirt is also available for an additional charge or as an incentive for runners who choose to fundraise and collect at least $60 in donations – in addition to their $40 registration fee ($100 total).
- You may pick any route you’d like as long as it is 5 kilometers (3.11 miles). Get creative and design a route that makes an image or letters!
- Fundraising is highly encouraged and we’re with you every step of the way!
Virtual 5K Memorial Walk/Bike/Hop/Skip/Move!
Walk in honor and remembrance of those we have lost their lives to the HIV/AIDS epidemic and those who today continue to live and thrive with HIV. Run, walk, bicycle, or hopscotch your way to 5K! The virtual 5K will allow anyone the opportunity to participate at the date, time, and location of their convenience.
- This year all registered walkers are Virtual Walkers. While you are not required to complete the 5K activity, those who wish to fundraise for FFL must register as a Walker in order to create their own fundraising page. Check out the fundraising toolkit for tips and resources to help you reach your goal!
- You may pick any route you’d like as long as it is at least 5 kilometers (3.11 miles). Get creative and design a route that makes an image or letters! More information is available in the FAQ section and in the Fundraising Toolkit. Walkers will not be asked to upload their time to the event leaderboard as this is only for registered competing runners.
- Like every year, walker registration is free! The virtual 5K will allow people to walk, bicycle, skip, roller blade, or however you like to get active. Bring the family, go on a social distance 5K with friends and neighbors, or bring your pets along for the celebration – but mind social distancing guidelines, please!
Create a team to help you fundraise
- Raising funds for those impacted by HIV is fun and easy to do as a group. You can motivate and challenge each other (or other teams) into a fundraising frenzy! It can also provide excellent exposure for your company, school or organization, as many teams design and wear special team t-shirts and carry banners with their logos proudly displayed.
- Visit our FAQ page for more information and troubleshooting help on fundraising and team registration.
- Stumped on where to start? Check out the fundraising toolkit page for tips, resources, and fun ways to help you reach your fundraising goal.
Don your heels and most festive diva wear for a 1000 meter dash to the finish to win a prize as fabulous as you!
- Contestants may preregister online here and walk-up participants will also be welcome.
- Divas 18 years or older, of any gender identity may participate in the Diva Dash.
- Stay tuned! Volunteer opportunities and registration will be announced shortly.
Have questions or need more information?
Call or email the Development team!
For media inquiries call 303.962.5316
Please send written correspondence to:
Colorado Health Network
Festival For Life
6260 East Colfax Ave
Denver, CO 80220